The Recovery Collective
Networking. Education. Collaboration.
To be a go-to monthly educational and networking event for treatment and wellness providers in San Diego, Orange County, Los Angeles and beyond. Email us to join the list!!
We strive to give the industry a much needed educational and networking reboot that will be a value add to the industry. TRC also hopes to showcase the many great providers and programs by providing a platform and opportunity to share their knowledge, wisdom and expertise.
Anyone who is looking to expand their treatment and recovery industry network and learn more about best practices, treatment modalities and providers.
Providing virtual monthly networking and education meetings as well as quarterly in person networking and education events as soon as it is safe to do so. Email us to join the list!!
The First Tuesday of every month at 4pm PST via Zoom. And when we are able, we will host quarterly in person events as well. Email us to join the list!!
Monthly meetings are held via Zoom. Quarterly meetings are to be determined. Email us to join the list!!
Upcoming Speakers & Events
The Recovery Collective Speaker and Resource List
- March 24 – Britton H. Turkett leads us in “Exploring Our New Normal”
- March 31 – Britton H. Turkett leads us in “Exploring Our New Normal”http://www.activerecoverynetwork.com/
- April 7 – Mick Meagher, Esq. – Tele-health in the Age of Coronavirus
- April 14 – Jean Campbell – Self-Care and Our Parallel Process of Working with Anxiety
- April 21 – Ashton Abernathy –Founder & President of AVA Billing and Consulting, to address any insurance and billing questions.
- April 28 – Michelle Gilman – What’s Possible Even Now!!
- May 5 – Scott Silverman – How to Work with Tough Clients and Families
- May 12 – Jeff Merrick, Esq. – Care Advocacy
- May 19 – Brooks Witter, MS – Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- May 26 – Dr. James Flowers –Take the Guesswork Out of Comprehensive Healthcare: Importance of Diagnostic Evaluations in Pain Recovery, Complex Medical Cases, and Treatment Resistant Clients
- June 2 – Lauren Cabaldon, M.A., LMFT. Creating a Strong Therapeutic Alliance.
- June 9 – Dr. Louise Stanger – What Are You Hatching During Covid?https://www.allaboutinterventions.com/2020/05/21/what-are-you-hatching-in-covid-19/
- June 16 – Melissa Stevenson, M.A., LMFT, Executive Director –Slow and Steady Wins The Race – How Long Term Treatment Can Be The Road To A Quicker Recovery
- June 23 – Nancy Staycer, LCSW, CEDS and Clinical Director of Montecatini Eating Disorder Treatment Center –“The Transformative Power of Connection: Our Lives Depend on It”
- June 30 – John Donovan – West Coast Recovery Centers Men’s Program
- July 7 – Carla DiCandia, Senior Outreach Manager at Ocean View Psychiatric Hospital and former Executive Director at NAMI Orange County – Psychiatric Admissions – Who needs it? And how to get them in.http://www.ovphf.com/contact-us/
- July 14 – Britton H. Turkett – The Importance of Transition Planning
- July 21 – Sharifa Chaimberlain and Crystal Castro from NAMI Peer Links San Diego
- July 28 – Dr. Tom Paulson – ISTDP
- August 4 – The Recovery Collective and a BIG REVEAL!!
- August 11 –Dr Alisa Duclos, CEO and Co-Founder of Wings Recovery
- How to Overcome Obstacles in EMDR
- August 18 – Dr. Sarah Zucker, Clinical and Program Director – Pemarro Recovery “The Spirit of Motivational Interviewing”
- August 25th– Candace Dale Mckenzie, LMFT and Clinical Outreach with Discovery Behavioral Health
Reframing Myths Surrounding Treatment of OCD
- Sept 1 –Soleil Hepner, C-IAYT, Program Director for The Phoenix Rising School of Yoga Therapy
“When the Mind shuts down, the Body becomes the Tool for Change.”
- Sept 8 – Kirstin Leigh –Author, sought after speaker, and the Founder of The Change Your Story Workshop.
- Sept 15 – Jacque Hoagland, LCSW and Clinical Director @ A Better Life Recovery
“Clinical Assessment for Mental Health Placement”
- Sept 22 – Ryan Brown, LMFT, and Lead Clinician at Sunshine Behavioral Health @ Monarch Shores. “Mindful Self-Compassion”
- Sept 29 – Movie day!! Britton Turkett lead the group through a series of thought provoking, fun, funny and inspiring videos and clips from the worlds of therapy, psychology, mental health awareness and elsewhere.
- Oct 6 – PERT Team – Wes Albers, Community Liaison for the Psychiatric Emergency Response Team (PERT), joined us to cover the scope of their team’s services and how to engage them when needed. https://sandiego.networkofcare.org/mh/services/agency.aspx?pid=PsychiatricEmergencyResponseTeamPERT_61_2_0
- Oct 13 – Newport Institute – Matt Nonoshita and Kristen Riha joined us to talk about Development and Attachement Based Family Therapy in Young Adults.
- Oct 20 – Wendy Adamson, with Polaris Teen Center and author of Mother Load, joined us to talk about healing through the process of writing.
- Oct 27 – Nicholaus Bond, LMFT, and Benchmark Transitions Clinical Director, joined us to talk about Engaging Families in Young Adult’s Treatment.
- November – Kansas Cafferty, LMFT, MAC and Clinical Diretor at AToN Center joined us to talk about NCCAP, NAADAC, the effect of COVID-19 on the industry and the heart of addiction recovery treatment.
Guest Blog Posts
Thank God it’s Monday!! If you are not saying “Thank God It’s Monday!” on your way to work each Monday, please, do yourself and everyone else a favor, turn your car around and go home. Get Your Mind Right If the most effective agent for healing in the work we do are...
The first open-air cremation I ever attended was of a psychiatrist and Buddhist teacher Ed Podvoll, or Llama Mingyur. It was the winter of 2003 at the Rocky Mountain Shambhala Center. There was a light snow on the ground, chants and prayers in the air and ashes in the...
In 2005 I stepped out of residential treatment work because I was shocked. I was as a freshly minted grad student working in a men’s treatment facility and I was admittedly doe-eyed and I was appalled by how abysmal the treatment outcomes were and how everybody seemed...